Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Skip Forward

I talked to the counselor/Dr on Friday, so let me skip forward a couple days.








Friday night I decided to rock Javon in his room instead of the living room where everyone was. I talked to him probably about an hour instead of telling him to close his eyes it's time to sleep. He smiled the whole time I talked about everything. The next morning I heard him awake in his bed and since he never ever makes a fuss about him being awake I went in and acted completely excited that he was awake. It was like turning on a light or something he was so happy. Which our mornings have never really been the problem, its as the day goes by so it was no sign anything had worked, even though he was happier this morning. I have repeated this for four nights now and everyday he seems to be a little happier. Let me tell you why I believe this. Yesterday I was laying in bed thinking about everything, so I posted on facebook about the situation hoping someone would answer me, which they did and it was good to hear from someone who has been there done that. When I heard him awake I repeated what I have done for the past 2mornings, excited he's awake, take him potty, then go play. Only this morning I take him potty and he smiles and says "thank you" to ME. Remember this boy talks to everyone but me, true we can't understand a word he says most days but that's not the point. I take him to the rocking chair in the living room and he continues thank you, thank you, thank you, then he raises his eyebrows to make sure I understand what he's saying. This may not sound like a lot to some, when their child naturally is a loving child but to me this is huge. I hope this continues even if we have to change things up a bit and experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment